- Stay in Negombo instead. Colombo is an extremely busy city, with a beautiful water front and a couple of good restaurants, but Negombo is where the natural beauty is at. And it’s way closer to the airport.
- Call Maria Boat Tours. (Trust me, it’s no luxury yacht but is totally WORTH IT!)
- Hop over to Colombo for a day. We used Uber and it was way cheaper than the 3000 Sri Lankan rupees that a taxi guy quoted us. I believe we landed up paying about LKR3000 in total for the entire round trip. Uber is safe and reliable though there aren’t many available in Negombo.
- In Columbo, visit the Buddhist Temples, Taj Samudra, the Ministry of Crab, Gallery Cafe, and more. You don’t need more than a day for this.
- Try the local Sri Lankan Beer. It’s lovely!