My biggest inspiration behind starting TGWT is my husband. Back when we were dating, we always dreamt of travelling the world together. We decided that after marriage we’ll try to do a mini vacay every month before babies and ‘life’ happens.
Travel can be super expensive and so we set out to find deals to fit our humble budget for each trip. A couple of months ago, I stumbled upon Holiday Factory’s website and decided to try the 5-star Zanzibar deal, priced at AED 2099 per person for 3 nights and 4 days for the flight, airport-hotel-airport transfers, and hotel.
Here’s what we concluded:
- The listed price is AED 2,099 but I missed the first round of packages as it was sold out within an hour. As a result I had to pay a surcharge of AED 500 per person to get the deal.
- You can only book your dates after buying the package, however give them a few options and they’ll help you get your preferred date. Don’t bank on it for short notice trips.
- You cannot customize anything in terms of seat preferences/early check ins on the flight, or room requests. This is because the package is booked in groups which is what makes the rates so affordable.
- You share the airport transfer with whoever else is travelling at the time. This may or may not be uncomfortable (we were fine as we shared with 2 single girls, but if I was travelling with a girlfriend and had to share it with two others I’m not sure how safe I’d feel) – this is all personal preference.
- Park Hyatt Zanzibar is fairly new and we got a great deal on the hotel rooms. My husband and I were the youngest guests at the hotel as it seems like everyone else was older and more ‘established’. People our age were staying down the road at the less fancy hotels.
- After the transfer the Holiday Factory representative links you with travel coordinators and tour guides who you may choose to use. It’s nice to have that option of a trusted person.
- Money saved is money earned. We spent a total of AED 5000 for two people and would’ve spent approximately the following if we went without Holiday Factory:
- Flydubai Ticket x 2: AED 2600-3000
- Airport Transfer x 2: AED 600
- Hotel nights x 3: AED 4500
- Total: AED 7700 – 8100
NOTE: Some friends who have used Holiday Factory for other destinations have strongly recommended checking the hotel reviews on Trip Advisor prior to booking the package as sometimes they may not be what they seem. They also recommend booking only 4 and 5 star packages.